Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wrapping up 2010

2010... This year we have done quite a lot but as I think about it I cant seem to remember any of it.

Victor is one hard working dada. He had been working 4-5 12 hr nights a week most of the year until about august or September they told him he would have to move back to days. Going from 50+ hours on a night route that paid more to 40 hours on a day route meant a huge pay cut that we couldn't afford. It would be our whole mortgage. So Victor contacted a friend that he had trained previously that now had a security job on the strip. He had Victor a new job before we even applied. Within two weeks he was hired and at orientation. He hoped that his old employer would keep him part time but there was no guarantee. Luckily they LOVE him and don't want to let him go just yet. So he has still been working anywhere from 15-38 hours there. So to sum it all up, we see daddy maybe once or twice a week. Other than that he is working or sleeping. Many times he will come home from 1 change and be out the door again for the other then gets 3-4 hours of sleep before he has to go again. He is such a hard worker and we love him for it!

Savannah (ME)- Well lets see... I am a stay at home mom. That job description can mean anything at any time, especially with 3 kids. Other than that I have ventured into the world of in home sales. Selling lia sophia jewelry that is. I was NEVER the type to go to or have an in home party. I went with my mama to one and really fell in love with the product. I had my own little party and it was such a blast and I got free stuff and LOVED IT. I decided to join and have had fun sharing the love of jewelry with others. I haven't done very many parties but would LOVE to get more (if you want to have one pretty please let me know, its so fun and way easy). Anyway, We still have all of our wedding decorations and would like to pursue that more as well. We have lived in our house for about 14 months now and I really like it. It's MINE and I can do what I want to it, I don't have to ask permission to anyone before I paint or nail things in to the wall. Since we have been here we have scraped popcorn off the ceilings, painted the whole place, later changed the living room and one bedroom flooring to wood instead of carpet. We renovated the master bath, painted Cyrus' room green... I love that we can do whatever we want. Oh ya we got air ran into the big family room (enclosed garage) I love having such a big place that the kids can do whatever they want in.

Cyrus is now 5, He has always been such a good brother and son. He has such a sweet spirit and genuinely wants to do what's right. he often gets picked on by his "3 yr old sister" (he calls her that a lot). One day after having enough of it I told him "hit her back, its the only way she is going to learn" under his breath he replied "but Jesus doesn't like it when I do that". How can you argue with that?? He loves Monster trucks and still regularly asks when monster jam world finals is (march) he has gone for the last 3 years. He also likes bakugans (not the game just the silly toys), action figures, His new thing is ZhuZhu pets, not the regular ones the kung Zhu ones that fight. He had been asking Santa for those for months. (yes Santa brought some) Cyrus missed the school deadline by 2 weeks so He is still not in school  though he would LOVE to be.

Gabrielle is 3. Lets just say I hope it gets better after three. I don't think it is Gabi, I just think three year old girls in general are at a very trying age where they want to push and push and push the limits. Without the other kids around Gabrielle is so much fun. She loves anything GIRLY... She Love dressing up and often changes her clothes 4 or 5 times a day because she likes to. For Christmas she picked out wings, pretty gloves, an wand, and loves wearing them with her tutu, princess shoes, necklaces, bracelets, and tiara. She is ALL GIRL. Gabi now has her won room and the pink paint is waiting. She is excited to have her own girl room and cant wait for it to be pink.

Bentlee is now 1, She is such a joy to have. She is so sweet and loves to play with her big brother and sister. She absolutely ADORES her daddy. She is talking a little but still gets frustrated when we don't understand what she wants. As long as she is fed and rested she is happy as can be and loves to wander the house and play.

We have a dog Jack... He is our 5th dog since moving here. we've decided we aren't animal people but aren't going to give up on him. We like the idea of a dog but can't wait till he is out of the puppy stage. His most recent fiasco was opening up presents from under the Christmas tree. He was punished and remains outside till this day. We didn't feel any remorse for him until the kids did it the following week and re-opened the presents that I had already wrapped twice. We will re think him being inside once the Christmas tree is down.

I have yet to take down My Christmas tree. I like it too much... My house will seem so empty without Christmas decorations. I guess it's time to get some new non Christmas decorations for my house.

We have been doing well, we love our ward and love the neighborhood. Now on to 2011, Out with the old and in with the new.

No comments: