Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The joy of having kids

So on March 1st in the morning Cyrus was taking a shower... I was about to get him out when he starts screaming. Luckily daddy was home too and we went to see what was wrong. He had soap all over his head and face so I thought he was mad about the soap in his eyes. We got him all washed off and realized, oh wait he's bleeding. Come to find out he had slipped and bonked his chin somewhere and split it open. After a little deliberation we decided to take him to the quick care and sure enough he got 3 stitches.  Tough guy did very well and layed so still to get the procedure done. After it was done he requested a buffet but settled for a happy meal.  It took him a while but I think it was the next day that he finally looked and saw them in the mirror. He didn't really like that he had stitches in his chin. A week later we convinced him that it would be okay for mommy and daddy to take them out. 



THEN just a few days ago on April 25th we had another fiasco. We were eating breakfast and I was excited that my nook update had come through so I was sitting 5 feet away at the computer.  It was Bentlee this time... She has a booster chair hooked to a regular dining chair and she sits directly up to the table. Well she decided to push herself away from the table and the whole thing fell backwards while she was still buckled. I immediately picked her up to try to snuggle her and didn't realize how bad it was till I saw blood on the floor... She wouldn't let me get a good look at it and since she is so little and she hit her head pretty hard we took her in. Once the doc got it cleaned up it looked a lot like Cyrus' but since it was on the back of her head with hair they decided on staples instead of stitches. I felt so bad for the poor girl... As soon as it was all over I snuggled her and she was so worn out from the whole morning she fell right to sleep. Luckily she has been doing fine otherwise. There doesn't seem to be any other damage. I'm not looking forward to having to get them out  :(

1 comment:

SaBrina said...

aw poor bentlee. so did they have to shave a spot of her hair off?