Monday, August 15, 2011

Bentlee the Big Girl

Bentlee has been growing up so much lately… I took a few pictures before church a couple weeks ago and she just looks so grown up. When the new baby gets here I’m sure she will look huge.

IMG_3877

  IMG_3872 showing us her pigtailsIMG_3874IMG_3910  IMG_3904

IMG_3891  

 IMG_3894IMG_3896

I had been dreading putting her in the toddler bed. The other kids were in a toddler bed by about 15 or 16 months and it took me at least a week to train them by sitting next top their bed until they fell asleep. Well putting it off for so long worked wonders… For the few days prior to changing beds i would say it was bed time and she would climb and hang onto the outside of her crib until I got there to lift her up into it. The night we got out her toddler bed I said “ok its time to hop in bed” she climbed in covered up and stayed there all night. Score! I wasn’t convinced yet so sure enough naptime the next day same thing she climbed in and went to sleep. She has loved being a big girl and getting her big girl bed. And now the crib is ready for when the baby comes :)

IMG_3870

Another milestone that we have come across is part of potty training. She has done it a bit backwards but that is okay with me. Whenever she needs to go (#2) she will tell me “mommy potty, potty” and will proceed to go on the potty. We haven’t mastered the (#1) part yet. Anytime I put her in panties she will end up peeing in them within 20   min or so.  But hey, I have no problem not changing those stinky diapers. oh and she Loves reading her books while she sits there :)

IMG_3854IMG_3853

 

We love you BIG GIRL BENTLEE!!

1 comment:

Jealeta Spears said...

She is changing so fast!