Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bringing Jaxon home

Jaxon was born at 10pm so the kids waited till the next morning to come and meet him. The older kids had one it before and were used to it. It’s always the baby that is a little weirded out. Mommy in a strange building in a bed with a new baby in a crib. Bentlee handled it well though and was excited to meet her little brother. We enjoyed breakfast together and watched a show. Then the kids were too bored and started getting in to things so it was time to go.

That day Jaxon got his hearing test and passed on both sides.

The hospital likes you to stay 24 hrs to monitor both you and the baby so we stayed the next night as well so we weren’t going home at 11pm. Victor had been working on finishing up a project at home so there would be no dust for Jaxon’s homecoming so we relaxed at the hospital. The night he was born Every delivery room and postpartum room was filled, so usually they move you to the postpartum floor soon after delivery but since they were all full we stayed in the delivery room that night and half of the next day. before we got moved Jaxon got his hearing test and passed on both sides. :)

I was grateful to finally get moved because a delivery bed isn’t very comfortable. We moved to the postpartum floor right after lunch and got settled in there. That floor was much quieter and more relaxing. On the delivery floor you could always hear new baby cries as well as intercom alarms for this and that.

Friday evening I was delivered my “special Meal”. All new moms and a guest got treated to a yummy meal that doesn’t come from the usual hospital kitchen. I wasn’t sure if Victor could make it but I went ahead and ordered pasta for me and shrimp and potatoes for him. He ended up not being able to come down so I invited my parents to join me. There was plenty of food to feed the three of us and it was nice to have them come and meet Jaxon (their 29th Grandchild). And they watched Jaxon so I could get a much needed shower.

Jordan got to come visit again Friday night. He is an EMT and they had an hour to spare so they came to the hospital I was at for dinner and he stopped by for a bit. We love our Jordan and maybe that has a bit to do with the fact that Jaxon’s middle name is Jordan. :)

I stayed Friday night and got Hardly any sleep. My overnight nurse didn’t understand that I JUST got Jax to sleep so PLEASE leave him alone for a while.English was clearly not her first language so we had a hard time understanding each other in the first place. Nope she unwrapped him and put her cold stethoscope on his chest. GRR. I was counting down the hours till her shift was over… but then I realized her shift was 12 hours and not 8. It was a LONG night.

I was so glad when my nice daytime nurse came back. She was okay with waiting for jax to wake up to check him and didn't bother him when he was in a deep sleep. Most of the morning we worked on discharge paperwork so it would all be done when it came time to leave. Daddy was still finishing up at the house so we took the time watching conference and getting some rest.

right after lunch Jaxon got into his deep sleep and my nurse came in to check him. She’s the nice nurse remember? She said Take a nap and call me when you wake up. I'll make sure you aren’t disturbed… THANK YOU SALLIE! So i got a solid 2 or so hour nap before getting ready to head home.

 IMG_4057 IMG_4059 IMG_4061 IMG_4068 IMG_4072

After our nap we called daddy and told him we were finally ready to come home so he made his way to come get us. I packed up and signed all the necessary paperwork and we were out of there. Jaxon didn’t like his car seat one bit. He screamed for a while until he got used to it.

 

 IMG_4073 IMG_4076

They wheeled us out to the car and on the way home we saw a rainbow :)

IMG_4079

Jaxons’ first time in his crib.

 IMG_4081 IMG_4082

our cute pirate boy and a very happy big sister.

 IMG_4110 IMG_4118

First smile caught on camera

 IMG_4127

An heirloom blanket from a dear friend

IMG_4154

Great Grandma Nana

IMG_4289

one of Jaxon’s favorite places to be. don’t mind the unmade bed and the pile of laundry… I have 4 kids

 IMG_4182

 

  IMG_4191 IMG_4202

 IMG_4206 IMG_42112

I came home on Saturday afternoon, I had help Sunday and Monday and then Tuesday I was on my own. Way too soon in my opinion but I handled it and we are all doing well.

2 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

Congrats! Super cute boy.

SaBrina said...

he is so cute.